As seen below in our Spotlight on Chris Gardner, who once found himself homeless whilst working hard as a stockbroker to put a roof over him and his son’s heads, success is achievable even if you’re living on the streets. Now a multimillionaire, his story, ‘Pursuit of Happiness’, is one to admire.
Here are some inspirational quotes from Gardner to get you’re Wednesday hump day flowing:
- “I was homeless, but I wasn’t hopeless. I knew a better day was coming”.
- “It’s estimated that 12 percent of all of the homeless people in this country have jobs and go to work everyday”.
- “The future was uncertain, absolutely, and there were many hurdles, twists, and turns to come, but as long as I kept moving forward, one foot in front of the other, the voices of fear and shame, the messages from those who wanted me to believe that I wasn’t good enough, would be stilled”.
- “The world is your oyster. It’s up to you to find the pearls”.
- “Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees…But what is inside you no one can take from you or tarnish.”
- “Walk that walk and go forward all the time. Don’t just talk that talk, walk it and go forward. Also, the walk didn’t have to be long strides; baby steps counted too. Go forward”.
- “Still a dreamer, yet more of a realist than ever before, I knew this was my time to sail. On the horizon I saw the shining future, as before. The difference now was that I felt the wind at my back. I was ready”.
Written by JC
Carmichael, E. (2014). Chris Gardner Quotes. [online] Evancarmichael.com. Available at: http://www.evancarmichael.com/Famous-Entrepreneurs/815/Chris-Gardner-Quotes.html [Accessed 20 Oct. 2015].
Goodreads.com, (2015). Chris Gardner > Quotes. [online] Available at: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/7127.Chris_Gardner [Accessed 20 Oct. 2015].